December has arrived! Time for my annual gift guide. I love making these! This year, I wanted to choose all conscientious companies/items. I also wanted to be able to get discounts for you guys, so I included those with each item 🙂 It’s a shorter list this year (6 ideas); if you like lots and lots of items, scroll to the end for my full (personal) wish list. What’s on your wish-list?!
Use code ValerieCoffee to get your first bag FREE! as part of the coffee subscription that takes people around the world of coffee!
This is the gift of deliciousness AND productivity! Good for anyone you know who likes to get shit done (or who plans to with their New Years Resolutions).
On average about 50% – 60% of the coffees this company offers are fair-trade certified, direct trade, or go through a coffee cooperative. However, ALL of the coffee comes from farms that use sustainable farming practices (and they pay above-market prices for the coffee to ensure the farms can continue to produce high-quality coffee in this sustainable way).
Oh yeah, and of course, the most important question: does it taste good? The answer is a resounding YES! I loved using these beans to make regular coffee, as well as homemade cold-brew.
Speaking of subscriptions…
Use code FRIEND50 for 50% off a 3-month membership! This is another fantastic gift, especially for anyone who loves to read or wants to get into reading! Watch this video I made for full details:
Mention this gift guide to get 15% off Lily Lotus items at their two Hawaii boutiques!
Made in the USA (90% Organic Cotton 10% Lycra), this high-waist lifestyle piece is great for all activities! Slip on these cozy, beautiful leggings for a versatile option that looks great with tanks, tunics and t-shirts. Perfect for practice or just to wear (#athleisure). You can get them with or without the chakras up the leg. I just LOVE the beautiful colors, which look painted-on. I have these in a different color scheme, and I get compliments on them constantly.
Actress Shailene Woodley has joined forces with Standing Rock to protest the building of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Construction of this pipeline through the Missouri and Cannon Ball Rivers poses a serious threat to the water supply of the Native American tribes—and all 18 million residents—that live along its course. In Lakota, they say “Mni Wiconi,” which means “Water is Life.” When you buy this unisex shirt (there’s also a sweatshirt available), not only are you showing the world that you demand change to protect our waters, but you’re also helping fund Up to Us. They’re dedicated to organizing, educating and activating communities on how to become leaders who are willing to stand up in the face of adversity and demand dynamic change to create a world that works for all of us.
Click here to learn more about what is happening at Standing Rock and/or to make a donation and see how you can help.
A Slow Food membership comes in multiple prices, and is a great gift to the world as well as the recipient.
The membership includes:
- discounts and special invitations to local, national and international events, including Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto
- an exclusive print magazine that showcases what is happening in the Slow Food movement locally, nationally and internationally and access to special members-only offers and previews
- opportunities to get involved in national campaigns and local activities and projects
- a membership card that proclaims commitment to Slow Food values; devotion to living Slow helps make “good, clean and fair food for all” a reality
Click here to get 20% off Equilibrium Superfood (12 oz; through 12/31/16).
Equilibrium Energy Superfood is ideally designed for athletes or anyone who lives an active lifestyle. I’ve been adding it to my tea, but it would also be good on toast or in recipes. Through naturally stimulating the nervous system, enhancing brain function, supporting muscle relief, and providing anti-inflammation support, each jar will keep you energized.
HoneyColony is dedicated to cross-pollinating with companies who uphold high-quality standards that value planet, humanity, honesty, and fair-trade practices (their site includes informational articles, and many other healthy products). Real people hand-select all the brands and products on the site.
Equilibrium Energy Superfood is HoneyColony’s own special blend of organic and wildcrafted [vegetarian] ingredients; at the core is raw honey. From there, 11 other superfoods are added (active prebiotics, phytoplankton, blue algae, medicinal mushrooms, adaptogenic herbs, ORMUS, ginger, turmeric, bee pollen, bee propolis, royal jelly)—each organic or wildcrafted, potent, and boasting it’s own numerous health benefits. Combined, these 12 ingredients bring harmony to the body and mind by and reducing stress, toxins, and negative energy. Equilibrium Superfood is made in small batches to ensure high quality, exact measurements, and consistency in every Biophotonic jar.
So, maybe that was plenty of options for you; or maybe you are making homemade gifts; or maybe you do not do gifts around the holidays. But, if you need more recommendations or just love browsing lists like these, I wanted to just add my own, much longer, *personal* wish-list (below). This is just an ongoing list that I compile throughout the year as things catch my eye / fancy:
- BOOKS and/or anything on my amazon wish lists:
- Anything on my style Pinterest board: http://pin.it/Ba-H1Qd
- Spiralizer (any is fine, just a small one like this: http://amzn.to/2foC2P5)
- LUSH argan oil/rose shampoo bar with the tin for traveling
- Rose quartz gua sha tool https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GV6FHEU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=valeri00-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01GV6FHEU&linkId=f64b376849db2ca42b2adb51d225b361
- These hiking socks size small http://amzn.to/2fFqQ0D
- A small-size hiking backpack (from REI, LL Bean etc. NOT one of those camelback water backpacks)
- This bamboo utensil set https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BFPKFM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=valeri00-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B002BFPKFM&linkId=bf0b05a5ae084af33fd13911211852d4
- Anything from (or gift card to) Ginger13 (store in downtown Honolulu)
- Any gold ROLA jewelry (from Fighting Eel)
- This carryon suitcase: https://www.awaytravel.com/luggage/carry-on/black
- A waterproof go pro
- Gold moon earrings: https://www.etsy.com/listing/234576820/mahina-crescent-moon-earrings-sterling?ref=shop_home_active_1
- Hit the Hay Sleep Tonic https://www.urbanmoonshine.com/product/hit-the-hay/
- NAKED Smokey Palette https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BQLLSS4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=valeri00-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01BQLLSS4&linkId=964a037f1048d9098f71b2cbfaa32c3e
- Coola Mineral Face SPF 30 Matte Tint (sunscreen)
- Poppy & Someday Tinctures
- Neshama Project Necklace (not picky about which one but gold please, no silver)
- Moon Juice Shop’s Moon Dust Collection https://www.moonjuiceshop.com/collections/moon-dusts/products/full-moon-dust-collection
- These specific tarot cards: https://starchild-tarot.myshopify.com/products/the-starchild-tarot
- Lavender Prana Mat & Pillow https://pranamat.com/eshop/?c=lavender_pranapillow_mat
- Miu Miu glittery sunglasses <3 (these, or any Noir glittery color) http://www.miumiu.com/en/US/e-store/dep/eyewear/cat/acetate/product/SMU10N_EIAH_F01A1#department_view=true&ref=1470392758150
- Niyama Sol size small long leggings (Use Code SSAR2BL4TT for 20% off):
- Antique jewelry from The Moonstoned http://www.themoonstoned.com/all
- The Four Agreements (sterling silver) Bracelet http://www.houseofalaia.com/collections/the-four-agreements-reminder-bracelets/products/the-four-agreements-reminder-bangle-1?variant=8005898049
- Custom pendant or bracelet from CD Davis http://www.cddavisjewelry.com/
- Any of these earrings: